A single-lens solution for most shooting situations, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-200mm f/3.5-6.3 from Olympus is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and covers a huge 24-400mm equivalent focal length range. Despite its long reach, the lens is also characterised by its portable form factor, close 8.7 inch minimum focusing distance, and sophisticated optical design, which includes a variety of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements to produce well-corrected imagery. A ZERO coating has also been applied to help reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, this lens utilises a Movie & Stills Compatible AF system to achieve smooth, fast, and near-silent focusing performance to benefit both photo and movie applications.
- Spanning an impressive wide-angle to super telephoto range, this 12-200mm zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-400mm equivalent focal length range.
- Three aspherical elements, one Super HR (high refractive index) elements, and two HR elements are featured in the optical design to limit spherical aberrations for improved sharpness with reduced distortion. Additionally, two Super ED (extra-low dispersion) elements and two ED elements are also used to control chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for greater clarity and colour fidelity.
- A ZERO (Zuiko Extra-Low Reflection Optical) coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Minimum focusing distance of 8.7 inch at the wide-angle end, and a 3.9 inch working distance, offers a 0.46x maximum magnification to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Weather-sealed construction guards the lens against dust and moisture for working in harsh environments.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.