The Vertical Explorer L-Bracket from Explorer Photo & Video is designed to fit a Canon EOS R5 or R6 mirrorless camera and to provide flexibility between horizontal and vertical shooting positions while maintaining balance through the center column of a tripod. The CNC-machined aluminum design has been finished with a titanium-tone anodized coating for durability. The VX-R5 features an Arca-type dovetail mount design and is fully compatible with most Arca-type clamps. The ability to quickly change the camera's orientation from landscape to portrait is one of the biggest advantages when using an L-bracket over a standard quick release mounting plate. This can provide multiple options for compositions while still maintaining balance and even weight distribution on a tripod.
In addition to the tripod mounting socket, four 1/4"-20 accessory mounting threads are located on the bracket's bottom and side to support accessories such as video lights or microphones connected via mounting arms or cold shoe adaptors. Anti-slip rubber pads and dual safety stop screws minimize lateral movement for security and help to prevent the camera from accidentally sliding out of quick release clamps.
The solid one-piece open design allows easy access to all camera ports and does not obstruct movement of the LCD display screen.
- Better weight distribution and balance when used on a tripod
- Maintain composition when changing from horizontal to vertical orientation
- Great for panoramic shots in both vertical and horizontal orientation
- Allows for a full range of motion in portrait / vertical orientation when using a ball-head
- Maintain access to the accessory ports on the camera body
- Acts as a protective shell around the camera body
- CNC-Machined aluminum construction
- Arca-type quick release dovetail
- 3 x bubble levels
- Rubberized strips prevent camera movement
- Integrated hand strap loop