Improving upon many aspects of the Inspire 2, the?DJI Inspire 3 Drone?keeps up with the advancements and needs of film and television producers, allowing filmmakers to capture creative and stunning results. It begins with the X9-8K Air, an 8K, full-frame, 3-axis, gimbal camera custom-built for the Inspire 3. It joins a new 1/1.8" FPV camera with double the DFOV of the Inspire 2. Together, they help capture professional footage and complex shots thanks to a customizable obstacle avoidance system, built-in centimeter-level RTK accuracy, and tracking solutions that allow accurate and repeatable shots.
- 8K75 Apple ProRes RAW video
- S&Q Mode: Up to full-frame 4K120 ProRes RAW without cropping
- Dual Native ISO at full-frame 30 fps and below
- EI 800/4000 at 24 fps for film production
- EI 320/1600 above 30 fps for commercial and TV production
- 14+ stops of dynamic range for capturing rich highlights and shadow in complex lighting scenarios and allowing for more possibilities during editing
- DJI Cinema Color System (DCCS): An improved DCCS retains authentic colors across natural and urban settings and skin tones in various lighting, and it helps make color matching the X9-8K Air with ground-based cameras easier to achieve.
- Repeatable Routes: Have the Inspire 2 automatically fly the same route over and over while keeping all preset parameters, such as altitude, speed, gimbal angle, and camera settings. This helps perform difficult one-take shots and fly identical routes at different times of the day for transition shots.
- 3D Dolly: Simulate a crane, cable cam, or dolly shot with the added flexibility that aerial cinematography can provide. You can plan the dolly route and then move the Inspire 3 drone back and forth along it while adjusting speed, gimbal angle, and other parameters as needed.
- Follow Mode: In this mode, the drone and gimbal lock onto a subject and orient toward it in the same direction, allowing for easier circling shots
- Free Mode: Taking advantage of the gimbal's 360 pan ability, the gimbal can stay locked onto a subject while the pilot uses the FPV camera to check the surroundings and control the flight route.
A new feature offered by the Inspire 3 is the ability to customize obstacle avoidance. So, filmmakers can enable or disable horizontal, upward, or downward sensing independently. This allows pilots to fly closer to objects, performing complex and creative manoeuvres without automated avoidance ruining the shot. You still get the ability to manually set a range, where the Inspire 3 will give you an audible alert sound if you get too close, and you'll always be able to see an object's distances on the controller's display.
To share the live video feed with others on set, you can use the built-in HDMI output to connect the controller to an optional monitor. It can run for up to 3.3 hours per battery charge and supports hot swapping to extend battery life. If you do fly for long periods, the included strap and waist support help to make piloting more comfortable.
- DJI High-Bright Remote Monitor can be used as a second controller to receive live feeds or control the gimbal and focus
- DJI Three-Channel Follow Focus uses the O3 Pro system with the High-Bright Remote Monitor to transmit control signals to the Inspire 3. This allows the focus puller to accurately achieve remote focus and stepless aperture adjustments
- DJI Master Wheels works with a High-Bright Remote Monitor to allow for gimbal control
- DJI Transmission supports unlimited remote monitors with the connection of the RC Plus to a DJI Video Transmitter with Broadcast mode
- Inspire 3
- X9-8K gimbal camera
- Two RC Plus remotes (one included)
- Four (optional) lenses
- 12 flight batteries (six included)
- Two battery charging hubs (one included)
- Three sets of propellers and more
- X9-8K Air Full-Frame 3-Axis Gimbal
- 8K25 CinemaDNG or 8K75 Apple ProRES
- CineCore 3.0 Image Processing
- Centimeter-Level RTK Positioning
- 1/1.8" FVP Camera with 161 DFOV
- Spotlight Pro Subject Tracking
- Omnidirectional Obstacle Avoidance
- Up to 9.3-Mile Control via O3 Pro
- Up to 58.4 mph Flight Speed
- RC Plus Remote with 7" 1200-nit Display