Chasing makes underwater drone photography smaller and simpler with Dory, a compact remotely operated vehicle that transmits photos and video from as deep as 49' and is controlled by a smartphone or tablet. The Dory connects to a small floating Wi-Fi buoy with a 49' tether and streams live 720p video from beneath the surface, to your device and to social media if you like. It snaps 2MP photos and records 1920 x 1080 video at 30 fps, enhanced by a color-restore algorithm for dynamic imagery, and its wide f/1.6 lens captures the scenery and the action even in low-light environments. Two 250-lumen LED lights illuminate the scene, with color temperature of 4000k to 5000k.
Measuring just 9.7 x 7.4 x 3.6", the Dory system uses no remote controller, just the ROV, the tether, and the buoy. Only the ROV needs to be charged (two hours charge time, one hour runtime). Movements are controlled on your mobile device with the virtual joysticks of the ROV's app. You can lock in the angle to look down at the bottom or up at the surface, and to hover at a depth of your choosing. Dual Play Mode allows one person to control the drone's movements while another controls the photography.
- Explore underwater environments and marine life as far as 49' below the surface
- Inspect undersides of boats, aquaculture facilities, or infrastructure such as dams and supports
- Grab underwater footage and photos for content creation
Video and Photo
- Field of view: 100
- Records 1920 x 1080 video at 30 fps
- Live-streaming 720p video
- Captures 2MP still photos
- 1/2.9" CMOS sensor, f/1.6 lens
- Two 250-lumen LED lights
Use and Handling
- Compact at 9.7 x 7.4 x 3.6"
- Lightweight at 2.4 pounds
- Maximum speed 3 knots (5' per second)
- Stable, ?uid navigation with five-thruster design and intelligent control algorithms
- Can move tilted up to 45 for up or down angled viewing
- Depth lock mode
- Real-time sharing on social media
- Dual Play Mode allows one person to control movement and another to control photography
- Powered by 4800mAh battery, one hour runtime, two hours charge time